Open Source Development...
Usefulness of Open Source Software (OSS) developments is gaining fast recognition among the Open Source developers as well as end users. It addresses the problems of, very small personal developments to large enterprise solutions, at same efficiency and with a commendable ease. Open Source Development is based on the effort of collaboration community and shared knowledge ownership. Linux is a best example to site.
Open source basically best define by four -Fs:
- The freedom to run the program, for any purpose.
- The freedom to study how the program works, and adapt it to your needs.
- The freedom to redistribute copies so you can help any one you wish to.
- The freedom to improve the program, and release your improvements to the public.
Benefits of Open Source Development:
- It is reliable in the sense of absence of defects which cause incorrect operation, data loss or sudden failures, perhaps what many people would mean when they use the term `bug' free.
- It is stable means this open source software ensures that they run equally on different platforms or cross platform.
- Most current Open Source projects are also available free of royalties and fees that cut the development time and cost cut down at least by 40%.
- Software comes with rights to modify
- Flexibility for meeting certain needs
- Enhanced portability
- Vendor neutrality
- Availability of quick fixes and feature enhancements
- Availability of large pool of source codes from the Internet.
Open source services and solutions at Pixel